Elementary school is the time for your child to master the fundamentals of learning.
Why? By mastering the building blocks of learning, your child grows to be a competent individual who can be of greater service to others. And being a person for others will help to make his or her life a happy one.
Our curriculum delivers a complete foundation in:
- Knowledge of the Catholic faith
- Reading skills
- Elementary math
Added to the core curriculum are Science, History, Geography, Art, Music, Spanish, and Physical Education. Your child’s educational experience is further enhanced by field trips and visiting speakers that extend topics covered in class.
Consistent high standardized test scores demonstrate that our curriculum achieves the desired results.
How does learning take place at Embers?
- Our faculty, supported by our outstanding learning materials, make the acquisition of knowledge an engaging, orderly, and sequential process.
- The core subjects are presented in the first part of the day when students are most alert.
- Our small class size of about 18 students allows teachers to closely monitor your child’s level of proficiency in any given skill.
- There is time in the school day devoted to practicing a newly acquired skill and to refreshing other ones.
- High expectations are the norm, buttressed by individual attention and support.
- Our best work is what we can offer as our prayer.
Embers provides its students a program of academic excellence which is mission-driven, well planned, and validly assessed.
Terra Nova Assessment
Every March, all 3rd – 5th-grade students take a yearly assessment, the Terra Nova Tests. These tests assess Embers students in all areas of Reading, Language Arts, and Math. Our consistently high test scores affirms the effectiveness of our Embers curriculum and approach to learning.