As most of you know, last Fall we constructed a driveway at the front of the school along Greenwood Ave. This serves to enhance the safety of our students, as well as accommodate the number of vehicles arriving on campus daily.
This summer, the inside of the school building has undergone a major renovation in order to be ready to have the front of the school become the main and only entryway. Student arrivals and dismissal* will occur at these doors.
* Full-day PK students without older siblings dismissal remains at West Porch at 2:45 p.m.
Many exciting and noticeable changes have occurred:
- Installation of 24 new security cameras
- Installation of new security door system
- (2) Seating groupings for a welcoming waiting area
- Front Office window and counter
- New fresh paint that provides a clean and airy feeling when entering
- Air conditioning
- Embers School Office is now located at the front of the school building
- All guests will check-in and announce with whom they have an appointment
- Meeting Room
- Nurse’s station
- (2) Private offices
- (5) Workstations
- New LED lighting, flooring and paint
- New flooring and paint
- (2) Workstations
- Lunch table and seating groupings
- New project work areas
Classrooms and Hallways
- New LED lighting in every classroom
- New paint
- South wing hallway: new flooring
- North wing hallway: new flooring installation to be completed in near future
- (1) West and (1) North wing classroom: new flooring
- (2) North wing classrooms: new windows installed
- (2) West wing classrooms: new windows installed in near future
We are very excited about our new space and hope your students find it a welcoming place to begin each day!